Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BELICHICK MUST REST PLAYERS

Will Bill Belichick ever learn? He has to bench his studs in this last regular season game that has no implications whatsoever.  Yes, it would be nice to see the team stay in sync with eachother, but they will have an extra week to prepare and get all their reps in.  No Patriot fan wants to see another Wes Welker episode especially when the team has clinched home field advantage, a one seed, and a bye.  I can agree with playing Tom Brady for a quarter (a half tops) but I do not want to roll the dice this late in the season.  Rest the offense and give Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris the playing time and give big Vince Wilfork the rest he needs as well as the defense.  The Dolphins are playing for nothing and essentially the Patriots are too, so if you have tickets to this game I suggest you sell them because it SHOULD be like a preseason game with reserves playing a majority of the game.  Do the right thing Bill.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I think its crucial to get them rested as well. That being said with a bye week I don't mind letting the starters start to keep in the swing of things. I look at this almost like batting practice... I don't care if the starters only play one series on each side of the ball, so long as they end on a good note.

    ReplyDelete