Friday, February 25, 2011

DID THE RED SOX OVERLOOK ENOUGH STARTING PITCHING?


Lester, Buchholz, Beckett, Lackey, Matsuzaka.  A very solid core of pitchers going into the 2011 season.  What about if one of those pitchers tweeks a hamstring? Has an elbow problem? Who will be able to take a spot in the rotation?  Felix Doubront is already experiencing elbow problems at age 23 and the season has not even started yet.  The ageless Tim Wakefield will be there as he always is, but he always ends up on the DL with a back problem or leg problem.  I am a little worried if one of these starting pitchers goes down because there is not much depth for the Sox.  I know those five guys came into camp in the best shape yet, but anything can happen and it could ruin their run to a 2011 Word Series title.

All free agents in the off season made an easy decision because they know the Sox starters 1-5 are set and stone, so why would you want to come to Boston if you were not going to start if you are a starting pitcher? I don't blame them, but I hope Theo and Tito get together and find another person who can start in the future.  Scott Atchison did it once last year and pitched well, but I would rather him in the bullpen.  We'll see what happens, I was kidding...I'm not that worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment