Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DO CELTICS NEED HOME COURT IN PLAYOFFS?

After much thinking about this subject, I really do think the Celtics need home court.  Sure, they need to be healthy, but I think if they go into Chicago, Miami, or Orlando for a game 7, trouble may ensue especially if it is a back-to-back.  The Celtics have lost their last five games on the back end of a back-to-back sequence.  Right now, they are beat up and are still holding to the one seed, but Chicago and Miami are knocking.  Chicago is for real and may cause match-up problems for the Cs.  Miami, we know their story. 

The Celtics do not worry me at all.  Rondo is slumping and they lost two or three, but as usual when it counts the Celtics will turn it on.  They will also get Shaq back, Jermaine, and Delonte.  I just want the Celtics to get healthy and maintain the one seed because if that holds true, I do not see them losing.  The Lakers will come out of the West because they are playing as good as anyone right now (10-1) since the All-Star break.  They may be too big for the Cs now that Perk is in OKC, but I like the Cs chances with the chemistry of Ray, Rondo, Pierce, KG, and Baby.  Krstic and Green are fitting in nicely as well.

The Celtics will be the team that comes out of the East.  I do believe it and I am still sticking to it.  There is too much depth on that team not to make a push for banner number 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment